Wifi Gamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemdog089

Solid State Member
Hey all, I was wondering if it would be possible to setup a lan type game, but through wireless g. would it lag too much?

-Matt

Sure, you could do it...but you will get different results for different games. One of the problems that I had using a wireless g router was the intermittant disconnects. These disconnects were simply nanoseconds so they were not recognized by the router connection, but they were by the game itself. So, after a little bit, in Warcraft, I would get "You have been disconnected from the server" There are certain thing that you can tweak on the router to help this connection though. Problem is, the router "opens and closes" the wireless connection to see if it is still active. This is so fast and transparent, but some software running on the net is affected.
The speed wouldn't be a problem......depending on your machine, it can be just as fast as a wired connection. Reliability would be the only factor.

-Mike

I game on our local network using 802.11g and it works fine. I use BF1942 mainly, and I've only been mysteriously kicked twice. So, don't worry about it.

I see different routers having problems with different games. But the problems only occur with a certain combination of the game and the hardware piece used. BTW....this thread is about 4 months old......
Thanks for your input though! ;)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom