WiFi connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chveu

Solid State Member
I have a US Robotics Wireless Turbo Access Point & Router – Model USR808054 to which I`m connecting with a laptop, and a desktop. The desktop is provided with a US Robotics Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter. The router is updated with the latest firmware, and the desktop with the latest drivers. The problem is that I have a very very unstable connection with my desktop, while the laptop has no problems. I tried with and without encryption, I tried to use DHCP, I tried a fixed IP adress on both PC`s. I tried disabeling the Wireless Zero
Configuration service, since I read on the net that this could cause problems when using the software that came with the network adapter. Nothing of this helps. The distance can`t be the problem, since the router is only 12 meters away. The only thing that I didn`t try, is installing a new wireless adapter. The guy from the store said : " a wireless adapter works, or it doesn`t, meaning that the bouncing connection can`t be caused by the adapter) Is there someone who can give me advice?
Thx in advance.

Christophe

Win2kpatcher said:
Is this router close enough to the PC that you can use a CAT5 wire?
No, but I can connect to the router with my laptop. The weird thing is, that somtimes the connection with my desktop is stable for 10 minutes, and then it starts bouncing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom