Wifi acting strange on PC

TylerSund72

Beta member
Hello there, and thank you for taking a look at my post.

My wifi on my PC is acting very odd. My internet works just fine on my PC for the first 10 minutes of the boot, I'm getting about 57 mbps down, and 13 up. But after that my download speed drops down to about 3 mbps, but my upload speed stays the same. Another thing that is very odd, is that when I download something on my PC, and my PC only, the wifi connection drops throughout the entire household, but that download will continue at about 300 kbps.

We have just acquired a new router/modem, and since then it has been doing this, it could be a coincidence, but I'm not too convinced.

It seems like this could be a virus, but I have just done a factory reset on my PC, wiping the entire hard drive. But then again, I didn't download an anti-virus so a virus is not out of question. But before I downloaded a single thing on the pc, I tested the internet and it was still doing this.

So what do you guys think? Could this be a virus? Does my PC have an issue with the router or modem? Do I need a new wifi card?

Thanks for helping me out.

Back
Top Bottom