Wierd email problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So the new laptop running Windows 7 64bit is having issues trying to login to my wife's webmail at:

Peel District School Board

She can login from any other computer on the network without issue but whenever she enters her login info and password stuff it does nothing, just looks like she refreshed the page. It doesn't matter if the info is correct or wrong it just resets it. On the other computers if she enters invalid info it at least tells her there is a problem but on this one it does nothing. I've tried on both IE and firefox and have the same problem on both. I've tried un-installing firefox, no change. I deleted cookies, no change. Updated Java, no change. I've run out of ideas and really have no clue what to try next. This is a weird one.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Off the top of my head...no idea, am at work right now. It's whatever was installed when I bought it. Don't seem to have any issues with it anywhere else, all other pages worked fine. Other login/password pages work fine. Same pattern with firefox.

I can check when I get home.

I was just reaching cause i know the 64 bit IE has some issues.

are all the other computers that work on that site using IE8?

I have firefox on all the other systems, not sure what version of IE they have. Never really bothered to check. My wife likes IE because that's what they have at work and she's gotten used to it. At this point I'm looking at formatting the laptop and putting XP on it for her (She doesn't like 7 anyways, too "new" for her). I'd prefer to not have to but this is a really odd issue and if you can't get your email on your laptop then really what is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom