Why cant i get internet on other comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
right click my computer and click properties, click the hardware tab, click the device manager button. We're looking for any devices with a yellow circle /w a black exclaimation point. If you see Ethernet controller with the ! then you prolly need new drivers for your network card. Otherwise, you should be able to expand network adapters and see the model of your nic.

Then, onto the connection properties. Right click my network places and click properties. This will show you your network connections. You should see something like LAN connection 1, right click it and click properties. Select tcpip out of the list and click properties. You should see that tcpip is set to pull addresses automatically. Click advanced and look under default gateways. No entries? Goto your connected pc and click start|run, type in cmd and press enter. type in ipconfig /all and look for the line that says gateway. Remember that number and set it on your broken comp. Reboot the broken comp.

If your pc comes back up and still cant connect, we want to make sure its connected to the network but cant get inet access. click start|run, type in cmd and press enter. type in ipconfig /all. Tell us what you see. you can try to manually pull an address by entering the following command ipconfig /renew. Report any errors.

Problem solved:

Tried everything so we decided to re-install windows and it works now.

Thanks a bunch to everyone who contributed.

Happy gaming: P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom