Why cant i get internet on other comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks OK.
Go to network environment and rightclick your network card>properties and enter the gateway in TCP/IP settings

Not sure how to get there.

Dont see Network Environment in Control Panel.

Also, i ran my Nortons and i still have a bunch of virus that dont get deleted. Should i just "New Installation" my XP?

Is it possible a virus is messing up my network?

I don't know how the network environmet or whatever is called in the English version of XP. .. should be something similar.. something with networking.

Yes, maybe its a virus. Norton sucks.. it rarely deletes a virus without having to download a removal tool.

Its your decision. I would try another antivir first and look for the netwrok settings/TCp/IP settings again. Maybe somebody else can point you to the settings.

When i did the "Upgrade", during the installation, it asked for a Ethernet CD/Floppy, but i cant find it or its at my dads house, so i hit cancel. Can that affect it?

Whats a good Anti Virual Program?

And i dont know how i will get it cuz my other comp has no internet.

The things in Control Panel with Network stuff is:

Network Connections.

It can affect it. Maybe the drivers aren't installed. Maybe that's why it doesn't work. www.avast.com for a good antivirus.

am a little confused. Wich comp doesn't have internet? the one u are working on now? I don't get it. Wich one did u do the upgrade? the one without internet?
You should look for the drivers for your ethernet card. Get in device properties and check for the cards name and look them up on google.

make sure to configure the comp without internet exactly the same as the working comp in network connections.

Which Computer doesnt have internet: Not this one, but the one in my room. This one im typing to you has it.

I did the upgrade to the one in my room. The one in my room doesnt have internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom