Who is your ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Thought this would make a helpful thread for people migrating (if you have that in the US), and I am bored/nosey. Why did you chose them as well?

Format of:
ISP
Connection speed:
Cap:
Why:

ISP: Enta.net via Aquiss
Connection speed: 8Mb at 6400k sync.
Cap: 30GB 8am-10pm, 300GB offpeak + weekends.
Why: I chose Enta primarily for their high allowances and no shaping. They also show the status of the network (real time load for each of the central's.) I chose Aquiss because their support impressed me.

ISP: BT
Connection speed: 2MB
Cap: Don't know and don't care. I D/l & U/l as much as I like :D since i'm switching soon.
Why: Because my Dad picked them but i've convinced him to switch to something better for the next few year i'll be living with my parents.

I do not advise anyone to get internet from BT.

Hmm, migrating? I doubt it's any bit useful for that, but nonetheless semi-interesting. :)

ISP: Qwest DSL
Speed: 192kbps
Cap: None that I'm aware of...but it's DSL.
Why: They have the only high-speed internet available where I live, the one other alternative is satellite, which costs $600 setup/$80 month...while Qwest is charging $35 (including the modem).

And let me tell you, moving up from dial-up...hah, it was fun entering the 21st century!

ISP: Charter cable
speed: 1.5 MB
Cap: none?
why? fast, very reliable, and I can bundle services and get cable, phone, and internet for <$100 per month.

isp: Insight Broadband Communications
speed: 4.5meg down / 750meg up

why?: 29 bucks... smashing pings across USA, CHEAP! badass i-net :)

ISP: verizon westell DSL
speed: 1.2 megabits down, 750kilabits up
CAP: none
why: paying less than $40 a month, pretty fast

i will be migrating to cable in a few months for sure at 5 megabit download for the same price i have my DSL

speed: 1.2 megabits down, 750kilabits up

what are you paying
i have 7meg uploads and 3 meg DLS, I actually came close to the 3 megs once
mine is only $29.95 for a year and then it gooes up $5 - $10

I will do anything not to use Comcast and that is comcastic.

i am paying for what i got, if i can someday get my butt on my chair and actually search for a good ISP i would, but i dont live in a area where buisnesses run cheap.

i want i want i want fiber!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom