Who logged in to my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluelesstechboy

Beta member
Hello,

How can I tell if someone else is logged in to my pc while I'm logged on? Also, is there a way I can check when the other person logged in? Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

Well to physically and legally they would need an account to logon or if they know your password.

Wheras, via remote access they, and yourself would need the same application installed and also for you to grant access to 'the other user' (most of the time!).

Can i ask what makes you so suspicious?

Well to physically and legally they would need an account to logon or if they know your password.

Wheras, via remote access they, and yourself would need the same application installed and also for you to grant access to 'the other user' (most of the time!).

Can i ask what makes you so suspicious?

my boss installed remote desktop and term serve and also has my password. how do i know if she's logged on to my pc while im logged on? also, how do i know if they physically logged in to my pc while im not at work? is there a place where i can check?

Hmmm a few questions/points here...

1. You work for your boss therefore, he can install RD if he/she wishes

2. Why did you give him your password? - You shouldn't have as that is YOUR password...never give it to anyone! - Even your boss!

3. Do you have something to hide (browsing habits?) on your PC?

Hmmm a few questions/points here...

1. You work for your boss therefore, he can install RD if he/she wishes

2. Why did you give him your password? - You shouldn't have as that is YOUR password...never give it to anyone! - Even your boss!

3. Do you have something to hide (browsing habits?) on your PC?

hey simple question simple answer, you sound like an investigator. if you cant help then dont reply to my post...

You can enable auditing to see who logged in. If they use remote desktop (the one in XP) it locks the workstation. So if she did it while you were there you would know immediately. There are third party apps that will enable remote viewing and remote control without you seeing it happening. Well, you would see them taking over your mouse and keyboard functions, but the remote view is invisible. I use it a lot to help end users over the phone.

hey simple question simple answer, you sound like an investigator. if you cant help then dont reply to my post...

We are trying to help. If you are gong to ignore a simple few questions then why did you ask first?

Plain and simple being that they are your BOSS they have every right to know that you are not using company time for anything other than company business. So your are kinda out of luck.

As for Remote Desktop you have to allow the connection from your PC. But the Term Serve might get around that. Best bet...do your JOB and stop doing something that would make them suspecious of you.

So there. Simple Question. Simple Answer. Problem solved. :D

LMAO! - Are you serious?!?

Makaveli213 said:
We are trying to help. If you are gong to ignore a simple few questions then why did you ask first?

Plain and simple being that they are your BOSS they have every right to know that you are not using company time for anything other than company business. So your are kinda out of luck.

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom