Who Invented the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the government and the major Universities who started it. DARPA, ARPANET started it all. The first theories came from MIT professors.

Hinrichisgod said:
Is he American? Because my teacher was spouting some BS about how it was made by foreigners.
Which "he?" Tim Berners-Lee worked at CERN in Zurich, Switzerland at the time he did that work, so I'd guess he's foreign. However Marc Andreesen, who invented the first Mosaic web browser, is American. I'm not sure who'd I say is more responsible for the WWW we know today. Also, Berner-Lee's HTML work was derivitive of SGML. HTML was originally a subset of SGML, but I doubt that's true any more.

ah, thats a bunch of b.s., it was ME. I made the internet. Took me about a minute and a half. Hope you enjoy it ;)

It would be impossible to name a person that invented the internet. On the other hand, you could name many of the people and organizations that helped to develop it in its infancy.

And if you really wanna say "the internet as we know it today" thats pretty much impossible. Everyone makes the internet what we know it as today.

God, lets hope Al Gore stays far from here ;) Anyhow, it was a DoD and University project (as stated a few times).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom