Whats a good router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well First that is a giga router it does 10/100/1000 if you plan on using giga router soon then yes it's worth paying extra for it .
tips on giga lan though.
both ends most most have gigalan eithernet ports. your router has to be gigalan (which this is) standard cat 5se will work for gigalan BUT you may experance data lose or dropped connections.
cat 6 is the way to go now adays cat 6 can handle twice the data I think it was rated at 500Mhz while cat 5 is something like 200 to 250Mhz . if you don't need the extra fast speed you can save your self the money and buy a 10/100 router , while you can add wireless to that and still be under 100 US

ohh man thanks for telling me that, i was gona get a cat5e cable, nobody even told me all those info u just did, thanks man. but i still dont kno if i should get this. i want a router thats stable, im only connecting 2 computers together and i game a lot, but my sister does not, she just uses msn, so whats a router you would recommmend to me, and i want a wired one. by the way ill be the one connected to the original internet box.

lol icic, thanks i thnk im gona go with the d-link, so i use cat5e cable for that router right? or is it the cat 6?

You only need to think about going to Cat 6 if y ou plan on using Gigalan , the dlink I listed is not a gigalan.cat 5se is a good cable to use for 10/100 which is what most people tend to use. if you ever wanted to plan for the future and planning on hardwiring a house or something then buy a box of cat 6 and wire the whole thing ,
but I think in your case cat 5e is the thing to use.

The D-Link 604 is a super problem prone router as most people who have one have had the switch on it die.

The BEFRS41 is a good router. Reliable, feature filled and stable. I have one as well, it's not currently in use as I am using a nice 800$ cisco router :)

if your on telus Adsl linksys will be fine , but if your on shaw /rogers they have had a known problem with linksys and this is why I have switched to Dlink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom