Whats a easy FTP program???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Could anyone point me in the direction of a easy to set up FTP program? I'm looking for a program that would let me directly transfer files between me and my friends. Either direct downloads or maybe like a private torrent type of thing. I tried googling but was hoping someone with experience could point out a good program and guide for me.

FileZilla, SmartFTP, FlashFXP. Those are among the easiest to use and setup.

For which program? I have used FileZilla for some time now to connect to my server. I could just write up a guide real quick for that. FlashFXP i jsut started to use myself. But it isnt much different than FileZilla. SmartFTP was the first one i used but i didnt like it much that is when i found FileZilla.

FileZilla Documentation

That documentation from FileZilla might be your best source as it seems to be exactly what i would say and do.

FileZilla may be the best, considering that I plan to be using FTP from Ubuntu-to-WinXP and FileZilla is available on Ubuntu, I believe.

Yes it is. I have it installed right now. I prefer FileZilla myself. I am using FlashFXP on a recommendation from a good friend. But overall i still use FileZilla as it is the easiest to use and the interface is straight forward and simple to figure out.

Basically you righ click a file. You will get your options. Upload and such. Just select the one you want and off it goes.

The hardest part is connecting to the other PC. Since i do it with a server it isnt that hard. But going via 2 PC's it is more difficult cause you have to open a port for the app to get thru in the router and firewall.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a easy to set up FTP program? I'm looking for a program that would let me directly transfer files between me and my friends. Either direct downloads or maybe like a private torrent type of thing. I tried googling but was hoping someone with experience could point out a good program and guide for me.

I use CuteFTP Pro myself

FTP GlobalSCAPE - Secure FTP Server and FTP Client Software

Has anybody ever used W.A.S.T.E. or know if Freenet supports small private networks? Seemed kinda cool because its decentralized so you don't need 1 main computer to always be on. And downloads might actually work like a torrent so if I actually have multiple people on the network the files and bandwidth could be distributed instead of one computer doing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom