what router for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
I really don't know much about routers, all I know is I have a netgear and the thing blows. I am looking for one that is simple yet sturdy. I would preferably like it to have a bunch of options, but I wouldn't have to mess with them if I didn't want to. I need it to be able to hook up 2-3 computers plus intergrate a printer in to all. (please forgive my ignorance.

What type of Internet connection do you have? And what was the model of the Netgear? What type of connection does the printer use(USB, Parallel, Ethernet)? Perhaps we can help you save some money if you describe your problems with the product, maybe we can find a solution.

ok, I have a satellite connection (about dsl speeds) but that is only while I am still living with my parents, so it preferably could do cable. My current one is a netgear rp614x3. It blows, it cannot connect 2 computers, either no signal, or ip conflict. Always. I have to reboot it multiple times, and if I am lucky we both get connected. Port forwording never worked either.

Couldn't find much information on that specific model, if you could find support try searching for a firmware update other than that if the product is no longer supported just get something new. I heard Linksys seem to be the preferred company to purchase SOHO network equipments from and D-Link. Stay away from Belkin, their routers are plain horrible, so many firmware nightmares working with their network products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom