What the heck?!! NIC card reason for no internet????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
I am on another PC.

Anyway, I had some trouble yesterday with my PC not turning on (seemed like PSU was dead, for it'd turn on for a half second, then turn off again) After fiddling around, and pretty much not doing anything different, it turned on a works now. Weird, yes.

Anyway, now I can't connect to the internet. Maybe my internet card or something is blown (NIC I think its called). Under device manager nothing is shown for internet connect/NIC or whatever that category is.....

Soooo, WTH is going on? Do I have to buy some kind of card in order to get my internet to work? Before the weird PSU issue I just plugged in the ethernet cable into the PC and it worked, now nothing fixes it.

One odd thing the night before the PSU was acting up was that when I shut down Win, the green/yellow LEDs on the back of the PC would still be on, and I'd have to turn off the PSU power in order to get those off, but they were off as soon as I shut down Win, and I didn't turn off the PSU power......

PSU is, hold your breath b/c I know I'm going to get slammed from comments such as "I told you to get an Antec and don't skimp on the PSU" is a Fortron 350watt PSU.

Basically, my question is what the heck is going on w/ my internet?

onboard

Couldn't I just buy a PCI one to get it to work? If so which one? (Link would be great)

Cool, so if I just pick on one of those $5 that is 10/100/1000mbps PCI I'd be alright?

Well, one question. Why are some like $25 and others $5? (Linkys are like $25)

Buy a $5 one. There's no point in spending any more really. You're just paying for the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom