What brand laptop card and router do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heresy

Baseband Member
I want to setup a network at my house and will be buying the equipment within a month or so. I have around $50 to spend for the wifi card on my laptop and up to ~$100 for the wireless router. I have never done this before so I want something simple and reliable. My last stipulation is that all this equipment has to be bought from Amazon or Costco; I know it is weird but I do it is because this goes under the "school budget" category if I do it this way.

DLink,Belkin................for compatibility buy them together since you are buying both at the same time.I would go ahead and buy "G" as opposed to "B"if the issue comes up

I have been reading all the various reviews of routers and it seems as though all of them have people who either love them or hate them. Some people spend 3 hours on the phone with tech support while others get their routers to work immediately. It is like there is no one good router that everyone can agree on that is decent.

I think I will bit the bullet on the D-Link package because everything looks like a crapshoot. There is nothing that seriously looks too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom