WET54G Wireless Ethernet Bridge config help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to configure a WET54G Wireless Ethernet Bridge... ultimately I want to connect it to a remote wireless modem, and to a local WRT54G wireless router, such that the bridge can access the network wirelessly from the remote wireless modem, and then pass the signal to the router/switch, which will rebroadcast its own subnetwork with internet access.

I expected it to be a PITA, but I didn't expect the bridge alone to be giving me issues...

Connecting directly to the bridge via ethernet on the PC, I can only access the bridge configuration panel if I set my IP to static at 192.168.1.10, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, then can see the bridge at 192.168.1.226... control panel works fine, and it sees the remote modem that I want to connect to, and after entering the WEP info, it reports a successful connection... but here things get shaky. I can't get the PC to connect to the internet through the bridge. Nor will it connect to the remote wireless mdoem at IP 192.168.1.1....

What do I have to do to get this all to work? Preferably it wouldn't involve changing the remote modem's network settings, since that would then screw up the network for the PCs that are currently connected directly through it.

Can you add a couple things to this thread like the make/model of the wireless modem and the physical layout of the network ... doesn't have to be pretty, just so that you layout a visual to give an idea. I think that what I'm picturing is right and have an idea why it's not working but I what to be sure.

Can you add a couple things to this thread like the make/model of the wireless modem and the physical layout of the network ... doesn't have to be pretty, just so that you layout a visual to give an idea. I think that what I'm picturing is right and have an idea why it's not working but I what to be sure.

It's an actiontec, and I did actually get it working... the modem for whatever reason had changed IP addresses on me in the middle of the process and was conflicting with my bridge settings. I also discovered that the interface on the bridge for the security settings was made of solid failure, and ignored certain types of inputs for WEP, and it would report green on the network connection despite a mismatched WEP key.

Now I just have to figure out how to de-brick my router and I'll be back in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom