WET11 to PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Beta member
My Linksys WET11 works fine on my computers but when hooked up to my PS2 it wont recognize it,not even the WLAN light is on.Has anyone encountered this problem?

Sounds like the link cannot be established. Is there a crossover setting on the WET11 itself? If so you'll need to chnage it to the crossover setting. Hmmmm be right back with some detail....

-Mike

Yup....sure enough...hope this gets you going:

Linksys Knowledgebase article: KB10934387

-Mike

Thanks mikesgroovin for the artice.So far it has not worked but that is the best i have seen on how to configure it and in what order.It does have a crossover setting either for a hub or to a ethernet connection,i have it on the ethernet.

Thanks also to you hilowe.I thought the connection might be a little weak so i put an external 20dpi antenna to it and it still wont give me the WLAN light lit, only the LAN light comes on.

Im not sure but when i was following the article and hooked it up the way it said i could of sworn the WLAN light blinked for just a second and then it was gone. So ill just. keep trying.

Edit: Also it it normal for the settings in the WET11 to reset everytime it is unpluged?

Well i think i figured out why my PS2 wont get a connection with my WET11. I connected my WET11 with an 15dpi antenna on it to my computer and as usuall i got the WLAN light on and working but i checked my signal strength which i never have done and it showed it at 50 percent strong. At this point im thinking this WET11 is weak in power even with the 15dpi antenna so i move the antenna like 2 feet farther away from the AP and all of a sudden it drops to 40 percent. Now i realize with my PS2 in the other room that it was too far.

My WET11 is version 1 and i was wondering if version 2 is stronger? If not then what else would be good to connect my PS2 wireless.

Would it work if i got another AP,connected that to the PS2 so it would receive signal from the other AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom