WEP,WPA damn it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but normally you have cables with protective covering dont you to cut down on any noise problems. If this is using normal power lines then they arnt going to be as protected for such frequencys. Although its all new to me i dont even think homeplug has taken off over here in the UK yet.

iv found an information source on it, from the program i watched
its called clickonline on bbc news channel over here in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/4080566.stm

The author of the article doesn't strike me as knowledgeable about RF or any of the concepts behind how the technology works. And seems to be outright biased against it. His last line: "You just might not be able to listen to the radio while you are using it." Do you have radio stations in the 3-30MHz band in the UK? In the US we use 88-108MHz. So it cannot interfere with FM radio.

for me it was pretty easy setting it up.
you'll want to use WPA over WEP, because WEP just isn't nearly as secure. and if you can, use PSK + AES
are you sure you put the right key into the computers you're trying to connect to it with?

there is also MAC filtering. it basically blocks anyone from connecting unless they have the same MAC address as your network card(s) (which is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% not going to happen, unless they spoof it, but then they'd have to find it first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom