Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0202

Solid State Member
This bank I support just started having this error. It happened after the electric company decided to cut power to test an all bank ups/generator. They have a program called TREEV it has a central installation all the clients connect to this “server. The main TREEV Company connects to this computer and downloads/uploads the files from the day before. They have an internal ip scheme of 10.0.0.X. When I first received the tech call TREEV couldn’t connect to the banks computer to do its daily upload/download. After troubleshooting I found that the gateway of the TREEV Server was 10.0.0.100 I had him change it to 10.0.0.1 and TREEV could connect. Later that day I received a call stating that the clients couldn’t connect to the TREEV Server. By changing the gateway back to 10.0.0.100 the clients could connect, but TREEV couldn’t connect the next morning. So for the past few days he has changed the gateway to .1 so they can get the files they need and back to .100 so the clients can do what they need. I’m thinking firewall issue. I called TREEV and they told me that the client software looks at a computer name not ip address. I don’t understand why changing the gateway stops the clients from seeing it. The ip address never changes. Any help would be great guys.
Thanks

Matt

Did you loose the config on a router? Sounds like there is a routing problem that should be addressed. That is the only thing that could explain this.
Unless a hardcoded IP is set somewhere in the application.
Also, check the subnet configuration.

the clients can see the server when the gateway is set to .100 the main TREEV people can see the server when its set to .1 The IP address never changes. Thats why I didnt think it was a routing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom