website question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
can someone please tell me how to check the websites visited by a workstation. we have a small business server 2000 and i was wondering if there is a feature for me to check the websites that a certain user went to. Any help would be appreciated.

do you have local access to that workstation? if so, just look in the temp internet files and cookie paths. they'll be enough of a clue for you.

Or put them all behind a proxy. Then you can have lots of controll and moniture them. Thats what I would do.

if the workstation deletes cookies then i would not be able to see it. The workstations are behind a proxy. Please let me know what to do to check the sites.

Thank you.

What proxy? if its squid then theres lots of logging and theres also programs that can make pretty graphs and other stuff like that to show whos doing what

the microsoft proxy. when i go to Properties in IE and go to LAN settings, proxy server was enabled. the Address is our Server and the port 8080. Is this what you mean?

yes and no, you are running a proxy. On the server what proxy daemon are you runnig squid or wingate something like that?

Forget about Microsoft Proxy, install other Proxy server - it will have much more option than
MS one.

then make all the users to connect to internet via that proxy,
this will make able to see real time what who is doing.....

If you dont want to do this - open them Browser - and go to history.

If they clean it :
There is program called IndexView
find it somewhere for downlaod. And open the "INDEX.DAT" file of the User, which file contain all them history.
I mean them internet history, not personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom