web pages unable to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

st029

Beta member
Hi can anyone help ?

My IE does not seem to be working... i keep getting the page cannot be displayed message... I'm using Windows XP, with ADSL broadband connection ... the modem works, I'm able to connect to my ISP, there is no problem with my account according to my ISP, I have tried everything from relaoding the modem drivers, my Windows XP OS as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the IE browser ..

I suspect there is some problem related either to my modem's failure to detect external DNSes, or some problem with TCP/IP ( I occasionally receive the error TCP/IP CP error 31)

Earlier I had an trial antivirus program which Ive seen uninstalled, and I have disabled my firewalls ... and still the same problem ... any ideas ?

and by the way I have scanned for spyware and adware and what not, but that was before I lost connectivity to the internet ... incidentally I cant connect to my email either ... it says the servers are wrong ... although they are right ....

Well i would try resetting the modem and plugging it in and out a few times, then just wait a while. Just use firefox it is much better than IE. How were you able to connect to this site?

I'm accessing this site from work ... the problem is at home ...

so simple ? just plugging a few times ?

Go to start, run, type cmd. type ping www.yahoo.com and see if you get a reply or a request time out. If you get a time out, type: ipconfig /release
ipconfig / renew

It's possible your modem might have dropped your ip address.

then reboot if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom