Web Filtering Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Understaffed

Beta member
Anybody have any experience with web filtering solutions?

I am currently using the demo for WebSense and wonder if anybody has found or knows of anything better

I run a network for a finance company, and they cant keep their employees of of the high bandwidth music sites and my boss is paranoid! But she is also cheap and that makes for a heck of a combination. We just want to restrict and monitor employees.

(clicks heels together and chants "Haile")

If your using cisco routers you can do a simple access control list to block the IP's of the msot common high bandwidth movie sites.

A basic home router can just deny access to the internet or specific port. Like Chris said, with cisco routers you have more features with ACL, you can specify it to block certain ports,packet,IP range, time of day,program, and much much more. Whatever router your company is using, I am sure there is security features like filtering. Don't you guy have a MIS department? IT guys should be top notch if you know what I mean, even my $45 dollar router can control web access. You don't have to spend more, I bet you already have the necessary feature you just don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom