Way to keep phone connected to internet at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crofalcon

Solid State Member
Hello again!

I'm about to get the Samsung Galaxy S phone, and as my router at home has no WLAN, I was wondering what would be the best/easiest(cheapest?) way to keep my phone online while I'm at home.

I don't know much about APs except they are, well, access points :/ Can I plug a USB in my PC that is online and on almost all the time, and make it my AP? Or are there maybe some better ways of doing it?
I'm not getting a data plan, so I'll mostly be using random hotspots or Uni hotspots while outside, and need a solution for home.

Thanks in advance!

You better check with your providere first. Cause i know for a fact that if your under contract and your buying this phone that the major providers insist you get the data plan with these phones. There is no other way around it as they wont upgrade your contract without it. That goes for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. All 3 of them insist that you have Data on the phone. I do these contracts daily for these phones and providers, it wont let you finish the contract until they have a data plan selected.

Well none of our providers do it so, I'm basically stuck with little to none Mb for the internet, and thus have to use free/uni hotspots and home broadband :/

Agreed. Best solution for this would be to get a wireless router setup that you can connect the phone to. This is with the assumption that either way you will need to buy something to accomplish this. If that is the case, get a router, and then you have future expandability should you get another PC or laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom