VPN Tunnel: Can Ping Across But Can't Login To Remote Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

genistas

Baseband Member
Hi,

I'm setting up a VPN between two offices using two Linksys BEFSX41 VPN Endpoints.

The two gateways seem to be talking to eachother correctly, and the tunnel is connecting. I can ping any computer on the remote network, and vice versa. I can even ping the remote router using it's local IP. However, I cannot login to the remote router's web configuration, or browse any shares on the remote network, even when using \\IPADDRESS\share. When I attempt to login to the router, it simply tells me the address doesn't exist. Same thing when looking for the shares.

Each network is on different subnets by the way:

Local: 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0
Remote: 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0

Any ideads as to what I'm missing here?? Thanks!

This is a gateway to gateway connection. A lot of people are leaning toward a DNS issue, but shouldn't DNS be irrelevant since I'm trying to connect directly using IP addresses?

What DNS are the clients using? Make sure they're not using the local DNS server, use the one in the target network. do an ipconfig/all to check.

Also, try mapping the the share you want to connect to. Make sure you use the username/password you'd use on the target network when you do the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom