VPN & Remote Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan

Beta member
Using 56K dial up - brand new modem / windows xp home /

Remote assistance works when someone requests my help but DOES NOT work when I ask for assistance.

Also, cannot access my business network thru VPN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have spent hours on this already.

how does you Business link work? are you using a Cisco VPN client, or another one? Do you use a key fob? Also, do you know how the back end is managed?
As to the remote assitance, are you sure you have enabled remote assistance for your self?

I have enabled remote assistance - is there an area strictly for enabling myself?

Tnx for your help

could it be a minumum speed requirement for the link to be established? Also, do you get an error or anything?

with the remote desktop connection I get the following error:

the client cannot connect to the remote computer. Remote connections may not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible the network connections are preventing your connection.

Our IT claims there is nothing wrong on their side & that he can connect with no probs

I would venture a guess that the Dialup connection is too slow to support it. That would be my guess.

can you explain the issue on the VPN side?

I am emailing our techie for those answers. Will let you know when I get a response. Tnx for your help

Do you dial right into there system or are you lucky enuff to have a global dialer? Say bell or sprint or something. I once had a custemer that freaked out because he dialed right into the system and it worked 1% of the time, turns out there were 5 reps fighting for the connection every night. I almost died :)

Oh! Also if your using Cisco/Nortel vpn clients try checking on the group password. Im still a little new to trouble shooting this stuff but I hope Ive helped in anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom