VPN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmluke

Beta member
i have a problem with VPN connection. I can login internally within our network but when i tried to login externally (log-in somewhere outside the network), i get the message "unable to establish VPN connection....". Can someone help me out with this one?? any help is greatly appreciated...

are there any proxy settings on this connection? and how are you trying to access the VPN? wireless or wired and from where? have you been in this location before, using this connection before and been able to access it externally?

Im trying to access the VPN wirelessly. I only have the IP address of my router and used it in the VPN set up. When i tried to use our internal ip address in the network, VPN is working properly. When i tried to use the external IP address wirelessly, i cannot establish a VPN connection. Error: Unable to establish VPN connection....Any ideas??

This is the error message that i got:
Error 800: unable to establish the VPN
connection. The VPN server may be unreachable, or security parameters may not be configured properly for this connection

I think that it would be best if you talked to your network admins about this because you might have a setting/ port/ password wrong that we can't help you with.

setting/port/password are correct. Just to verify things, how can i check or verify the settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom