VPN over Roadrunner Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemandave

Baseband Member
Anyone here have any experience with Roadrunner cable? It's the only option where I live at the moment, and their help section says they allow incoming VPN connections, but they won't offer any support. It's kinda been a hit or miss thing here.

I already have my router configured for VPN services, a DynDNS account and domain set up in my router, and once in a while I can connect to my Apache server. Any suggestions for making things work?

I cant offer you much for advice but I have had RR in N.C. for years. My wife works from home and uses a VPN everyday all day to connect to coorporate and send files.

dedub said:
I cant offer you much for advice but I have had RR in N.C. for years. My wife works from home and uses a VPN everyday all day to connect to coorporate and send files.

Thanks. That helps more than you think. At least I know it's possible. I'm also trying to go the other way; from work to home. I hate carrying around USB keys or DVDs with all my crap, and I invariably forget a necessary file.

I hate being a coder away from home. LOL

You shouldn't have any problems (at least from the ISP side) getting VPN to work with RR. You will need to post more details however, i.e. What type of VPN are you using? What are the symptoms of the problem? Are you getting any error messages? How often does it happen? etc.

RyanS said:
You shouldn't have any problems (at least from the ISP side) getting VPN to work with RR. You will need to post more details however, i.e. What type of VPN are you using? What are the symptoms of the problem? Are you getting any error messages? How often does it happen? etc.

It's an XP pro to XP pro VPN, using Windows' built in software. It's nothing special. When I try to connect from work, authorization times out. That's it. I managed to connect once, and from that point on, it seems like my computer has to be in the mood to take the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom