VPN Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBennett

Banned
I am trying to create a connection to my home network from my workplace and vice versa.

The problem I haveis that my home network is running on a dial up connection and the PPP adapter's IP Address and Gateway will change everytime the internet has to reconnect itself.

Is there a way to stop this and keep the ip addresses the same regardless of how many times it loses connection?

If this is not possible, is there a way to connect regardless of this address?

Thanks for any tips or advice!! I am new to all of this so if anything I have said needs more explaining I will understand..

I believe you need to run a DNS update service to make that work. ClarkConnect is a good one that comes to mind...

Thanks! What exactly does the DNS update service do? How much (aprox.) cost??

The DNS update service needs to be run on my home network?? On the "gateway" computer.. is that accurate??

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

basically it's a program you run on a system that reports to a Webserver. The Webserver maintains upto date information on the IP your machine uses. You also get a hosting service through them so lets say you are using pointclark. You Domain name would be lastname.pointclark.net or something like that.
as far as costs go, there are several options:
http://www.clarkconnect.com/buy/
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom