VPN Basic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
I'm researching some information for my school assignment, which a single task is based on VPNs. Not asking for a long explanation, I just would like to know when a VPN is going to be created...does it need specific hardware or software to be able to operate...or both?

As repeated, it's a school based assignment, trying to research it but I'm finding loads of info, not really getting my single question answered :(.

It depends on the type of VPN connection that is configured. Take a Pix for an example. When configured, to initiate the VPN you need to setup a PPTP connection through Windows to connect. With a SonicWall you export a config file and on the machine you want to connect, you need to install the Global VPN Client software. I'd say both.

It depends on the type of VPN connection that is configured. Take a Pix for an example. When configured, to initiate the VPN you need to setup a PPTP connection through Windows to connect. With a SonicWall you export a config file and on the machine you want to connect, you need to install the Global VPN Client software. I'd say both.
Oh ok, I'm new to this whole VPN thing as it wasn't clearly stated in the textbook for the course. Thanks for the input :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom