VLAN Issue w/aironets and IAS Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCribes

In Runtime
I suck at VLANS, im a total noob with them, and im trying to figure out how to make this work.

Multiple W2K3 Servers, one which is running IAS and Radius, which is authenticating vpn clients, as well as wireless clients via Cisco Aironet 1242 Autonomous access points.

Currently, the access points are fine in radius, it will pass everything needed to AD. I have a secure WiFi network setup, none broadcasted ssid, self signed machine certificates and a gp to get clients the machine certs, and automatically connect to the WiFi. Im using wpa/tkip, everything works great on that.

Lets call that ssid "Private"

I need to add another ssid, "Public" to the access points. This is doable, thats not the issue. The issue is, i need this one on a different VLAN, i dont wanna any traffic to pass between the two ssids, or for the public one to see the administrative lan, which the private one is now a part of.

Im working with 10.10.40.0 /23
i was thinking one vlan 10.10.40.0/24 and the other 10.10.41.0/24

Basically i need to pass the "public" ssid straight to the gateway, out the the internet. Is it as easy as just assigning the "private" ssid a redirect out to the gateway? wont it still see/sniff traffic?

God i hope someone can make sense of this, im confusing myself way beyond the point i need to be.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom