VLAN/ DHCP config on separate interface

NOLACop

Baseband Member
I have another VLAN/ DHCP issue. First let me lay out my equipment and a quick topology.

Router- Sonicwall NSA2600
X1- WAN
X0- LAN
X0:V20
X0:V30
X7- LAN
X7:V60 VLAN
Switch- Dell Power Connect 2848
Windows Server 2012 DHCP server

The X0 is my default LAN with several VLANs working. I have the switches configured and the IP Helper on the router configured. All VLANs on the X0 interface are getting the proper IP addresses.

The problem is with the X7 interface VLAN. X7 is my city wide camera system. The backhaul radio comes in from the roof and is plugged in directly to X7. Everything coming into the X7 interface has a static IP assigned. However the NVR that is going to record the video streams needs to be on a VLAN. The X7 gateway IP is 192.168.17.xxx and X7:V60 is 192.168.22.xxx. The DHCP scope is the same as the other VLANs, the switch configs are the same as well as the IP helper. For some reason I can not get the DHCP server to hand out an IP address. From the Default LAN I can ping the V60 gateway but can not get to the NVR appliance on the VLAN. I have tried setting the NVR to get its address via DHCP and I have assigned a static IP in the range of the VLAN and nothing on either option.

Not really sure what I am doing wrong as the X7 LAN is configured exactly as the X0 LAN but with a different IP range. I have a couple of thoughts: Can the DHCP server hand out IP addresses to two different LANS on two different router interfaces? Other than that I don't know what else to do?

Any ideas or suggestions?

You need a static route telling the NVR and/or the Sonicwall how to get from .17.xxx to .22.xxx

EDIT: OR, the Sonicwall needs to have an IP in the .22 subnet so that the VLAN are routable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom