Vista to Xp caused internet problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseDishner

Solid State Member
I would really appreciate some assistance with this one...

First ill start with my computer specs.
Name: Emachines ET-1641
CPU: Intel dual core 2.0 GHz
Video Card: Not Original (Nvidia GeForce 9600 512MB DDR3)
OS: Originally Vista home (now its XP Pro SP3 the cause of my problems)

Those are for incase it matters

My problem occured after the downgrade. I can't seem to find a driver for my sound or internet. I contacted eMachines support and my warranty was past due and they wasnt to thrilled about my OS swap haha. If any one can help me find the driver for these two ill be very appreciative. Thanks in advace all!

If you can give me the model number of your Motherboard I'll see if I can find you links to the drivers you need.

To get your motherboard number open start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information
There should be an entry there called 'System Model'. That's the info I need.

I tried but after i went throught the setup i found out it was intended for a pci network card and not the on board one

Yeah I know, sometimes that'll work sometimes it won't. Looks like you struck out :) I'll take another look around. Unfortunately all I've been able to find for the onboard lan are Vista drivers.

If there really are no XP drivers out there for your onboard componenets you're going to have to do one of two things.

1. Go back to Vista
2. Buy yourself a pci lan card, and a pci sound card

btw, have you installed your chipset drivers? I haven't looked for them yet, but I've got the feeling they're not going to be around for XP either.

Ive installed my video card driver and it looks like everything else is there but inernet and sound haha and pci network cards are fairly cheap so that doesnt bother me :) but the pci sound card might get pricey huh?

Not really, in fact a standard 5.1 surround sound pci card will only cost you about 12 bucks.
That's Australian bucks btw, obviously it'll be even cheaper in US $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom