Vista PC - Vista PC Drive Mapping & File Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Resently I have re-installed Windows on my media center / torrent box.
Previously I did have Windows Xp MCE on this box. Moved over to Vista as I do like Vista's media centre interface.
Previously i did have my 3 hard drive mapped and sharing accross the workgroup so my other computers had full control over the contents of these drives.

How do we do this under windows vista?

The only thing that I can currently get full control over is my Public Folder. The most I can do with my shared drives is to be allowed to read the files.

my computer -> right click drive -> share -> advanced sharing -> check "share this folder" -> click "permissions" under comments box -> full control for everyone -> click ok

network and sharing center -> under sharing and discovery turn on file sharing -> turn on network discovery

might want to turn off password protected sharing too, but thats up to you

my computer -> right click drive -> share -> advanced sharing -> check "share this folder" -> click "permissions" under comments box -> full control for everyone -> click ok

Anyway in which I can just set it up for the account of my other 2 laptops to be able to access these drives. Since my network up in my appartment is on the same network down stairs in the shop, i really don't care for every one to be able to access this machine.

network and sharing center -> under sharing and discovery turn on file sharing -> turn on network discovery

might want to turn off password protected sharing too, but thats up to you

I will give this a shot.

It working now. I am going to play around with Password Protection as I would rather that be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom