Virtual Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Is it possible to create a virtual desktop on my one PC so I can navigtae around my others, I only want to try this for laughs if its possible, thanks

We talking about RC software here?

If so, Radmin and LogMeIn Pro are about your best bet ;)

Are you talking virtual machine like VMWare or Virtual PC? OR Remote Control stuff like Remote desktop?

So I can access my other systems C Drive and all the files on it but from a virtual desktop as I'm interested in learning more on this topic, currently my USB and slave drive are networked so all the PCs in my house can be backed up onto them remotely, in short: I would like to create a virtual desktop or the desktop from my other pc can be viewed and used from my pc. Does that make sence? :eek:

I'm struggling to get VNC to work, would you happen to know how to set it up? I have a network map I made on fireworks if that would help ;)

Never used VNC before but dont you just enter the ip of the puter you want to connect to?

I think it needs to have VNC on the remote box aswell.

Yup, VNC will need to be on both machines for it to function.

I have used VNC in my job and it's ok, not brilliant (but then again it was an older version) and it had a tendency to lock up.

ditto, never had any problems with lockups on Radmin, would give that a look at.

Make sure you set the VNC server to run as a service, and set the login password. Otherwise the server process will be running, but it won't allow you to login.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom