Viewing DVR security System behind soho firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhull123

Beta member
Please advise :(
I am trying to setup access to a DVR security system Via the internet.
It is currently accessable from my private network
My network topology is:
DSL internet service
Speedstrem model 5260 ADSL modem (Belived to be Bridge modem only)
Soho 6 tc firerwall (ver 6.4.1 Boot rom 5.6) Custom service configued to forward TCP, UDP port XXXX
24 port dell unmanaged switch ( just mentioning i know this wont effect issue)

Dell server windows server08 r2 (Setup as PDC) (DHCP is configured and Excusion range set to not assign all static IP address issued)( firewall rules created for TCP , UDP port XXXX although I dont think this applies)
symantec endpoint protection (not installed on DVR)( firewall rules created for TCP , UDP port XXXX although I dont think this applies either)
DVR speco security ( 192.168.0.X) port XXXX (not connected to a PC is standalone dvr system with static IP and port XXXX configured.)

The way I understand this When Public IP is entered to web browser address bar as 64.148.x.x: XXXX , traffic going to my modem will get bridged to my soho router, port is triggered and said traffic is forwarded to proper location " my DVR host with port XXXX open." hence access I am looking for.

Where have I gone wrong? Thank you in advance!!!!!

Hi,
You might try connecting the cam straight into the modem, see if you can get to it from across the internet. If it works you know that either the port forwarding on the firewall is wrong or it needs other ports open your not aware of.
In my experience with security cams they work best putting them in a DMZ where the router will automatically route all unsolicited traffic to its 192.x.x.x address.

Thank you, The DMZ I think will be what I end up doing. But according to watchguard (soho) , At&t and Speco the config I have should work....

Ran Port test Tool, says port is closed, but config and log file om router says its configured and open..... WTF,

DVR has Router set as default gateway.

Log on port test
2011-09-20-22:19:49 IP allowed from 69.163.149.200 port 56431 to 64.XXX.4.134 port 48000 TCP SYN (DVR)
2011-09-20-22:19:49 IP allowed from 69.163.149.200 port 56429 to 64.XXX.4.134 port 48000 TCP SYN (DVR)
2011-09-20-22:19:49 IP allowed from 69.163.149.200 port 56425 to 64.XXX.4.134 port 48000 TCP SYN (DVR)

Config file on DVR custom service
services.DVR.icon: userico.gif
services.DVR.incoming.filter: allow
services.DVR.incoming.hosts.external:
services.DVR.incoming.hosts.internal:
services.DVR.incoming.nat: external-192.168.0.40
services.DVR.list: sub0 sub1
services.DVR.outgoing.filter: allow
services.DVR.outgoing.hosts.external:
services.DVR.outgoing.hosts.internal:
services.DVR.sub0.port_number: 48000
services.DVR.sub0.protocol: tcp
services.DVR.sub1.port_number: 48000
services.DVR.sub1.protocol: udp
services.DVR.userdefined: 1

port test tool results
64.XXX.4.134

Remote Address
Use Current IPPort Number Port 48000 is closed on 64.XXX.4.134.

Found my ISP may be blocking ports in some fashion.
I connected the DVR system directly to the modem, I set up PPOE info,restarted DVR network, obtained IP config from ISP still could not connect on trigger port. ISP said they "were not sure" but There is some type of port 80 block, I was thinking this shouldn't matter. If I use a different port number, but the interface is web based on the DVR unit. This is probably the issue. (?)
They gave me a direct 800 number to business class tech support. Gonna call them tomorrow. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom