very odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
ok this is a problem i have never encountered before. i have dsl its hooked up through a router my parents computer is hooked up downstairs by cord and my computer upstairs is hooked up wireless.

Now it says that the internet is up it says my internet is hooked up upstairs buuutt...i cant use any programs that require access to the internet can you help me so i am connected but cant use the internet...tis very odd im going to try and roll back to a restore point but for some reason i have the feeeling that it isnt going to work. or my parents computer either so its probably some sort of virus i have tried norton and some other programs but still hasnt found anything.

Type in ipconfig and see if you've got an IP. We can move further after that.

-SkyHi

i think i may have found my problem. i talked to my tech guy(knows alot) and he said its my router and that my dhcp isnt working so im going to put in everything manually and will post more on this tommoro when i get a chance sorry im at school and dont have access to a readily avalible computer at my home since ya know the internet isnt working :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom