Ventrilo Server Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

damageinc24

Beta member
I'm trying to host my own free vent. I have a router Dynex model- dx-e402. Ive been trying to set it up in many different ways. I opened the port and set up a static ip but it still did not work. I tried using dyndns.org for it but the best i could do was to logging to it myself even though it took a good 2 minutes for the logging but even so no one else was able to logging. After that didnt work I tried enabling DMZ with my static ip and even though its enabled the best i could do was again logging myself after a good 2 minutes but no one else could. I dont know what im doing wrong... Ive followed a bunch of different guides to the T and nothing.

Ventrilo free is bound to only one port which is TCP-3784. Are you forwarding the correct port?

Check out this link for your router to forward ports: PortForward.com - Port Forwarding Echolink on the Dynex DX-E402

You also mentioned nothing about the firewall on the OS itself. Is it set to allow that port through.

Forwarding a port to another machine is quite simple. Ventrilo is very easy to setup.

After you setup your port forward take a screenshot and post it so it can verified as correct.

Let us know if you need more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom