ventrilo and cod4 pings

Status
Not open for further replies.
just so you know you are not alone in this issue

i also have virgin media cable and so do others i know

we are also experiencing the same issue that when you talk in ventrilo your ping spikes

if you use the command in cod4 cg_drawlagometer i think thats it

it shows the 'lag' go right up but only when talking

i also own a adsl connection and the same pc plugged into this connection does not suffer these issues

i have removed router from virgin and still the same

i also work in IT so i know its not a virus or spyware etc pc clean etc etc

and as prooved useing a diff isp on adsl no problems

out of the 5 people i know on virgin 4 have experienced the same issue, 2 now seem ok and 2 of us are still experiencing it

i have this issue wether or not i download to the stm limit

so the fact it just went ok for 2, 1 dosent get the issue and 2 of us still do would suggest its virgin medias infrastructue that is at fault in certain areas

but try telling them that or getting it fixed

basically u just have to wait till they realise n fix it

last time i had 20% packet loss variable for nearly a year, then it went brilliant (i was on 4 meg) when eventually they said they found a fault in the core, mine being baguley.

now when they upgraded to 10 meg the problems are back

so yeah faster DL etc and fibre (copper to house last bit) are all well and good but if you cant maintain the infrastrucute and have the capacity for the users it renders all that obsolete

for me my cheapy adsl backup connection works better

i have now canceled virgin as ive given them to many chances and too much time to fix issues and they never do in a reasonable time scale, whilst i still pay money to them, even if i get it reduced, whats the point as i cant use it the way i would like to and the way it should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom