ventrilo and cod4 pings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think all of them has a 100mbps connection..because any1 can host their own server,you just have to make sure that you have enough upload bandwidth, for my estimation it will take roughly 100kpbs per player so if you are 10 players thats 1mbps of upload speed , but sometimes ISP dont give that package to residential packages as per you ratio you only have 8:1 ratio of download/upload because your download is 2mbps but you have a low upload of 256kbps...and 1 factor also is the vent server if you can find a low quality server it would be better, because the higher quality, the more bandwidth it will consume...

If you are connecting to yoru friends server is it that he is hosting the game or that he has a Server that he rented for CoD4 games? If he is hosting the game that is where the situation that alehkcis is talking about comes in.

Residental ISP do not offer that great of upload speed. I have a 4mb/s line but my upload is lucky to get 1mb/s up. So if i tried to host a game with 10 people that would only be 10kb/s per person that i could upload to. See how that could cause your situation?

10kb/s up is not enough to run both CoD4 and Vent at the same time. It could also be that your uplaod speeds are what is causing you to lose connection as well. What type of package do you have? Go to speedtest.net to check your upload and download speeds. Post up the resuts. That will give us a better idea as to what your upload speed top out at.

Again it could be due to your upload speeds. Between uploading information at all times to the game server for your actions you are also uploading for Vent. Between the 2 you could be stressing your upload speed to the max. Which is why you could be experiencing this issue.

Also have you tried to Port Forward? For Vent and COD4? This will bypass your firewall and router and basically allow for direct connect to the net with them and could help with this issue.

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Check out that website for you information on your router and how to set it up to port forward. What firewall are you running and which OS?

I see you have a 2mb/s line but that doesnt mean your upload speed is that. They do not give a set rate for your uploads so only a test from a site like speedtest is the only way for us to know what your upload speed is.

mak his upload is maybe 256kbps max because he posted his upload before he only gets 190kbps... as i suggest lukas try to find a vent server with low quality settings because if it setup to high quality it will definitely saturate your upload speed..

is it and adsl modem?if it is i think that would be one cause. as i know modems are still half duplex unlike adsl routers which are full duplex...

Right osiris said my log is clean so ill get back to you tonight to tell you if im still getting the stupid ping. Thanks for all your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom