Utorrent issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3mb DSL line. I'm going to double check a few things, and maybe google a utorrent tweaking guide or somethign.. maybe my settings are messed up

alright firewall is disabled but it still shows that my port isn't forwarded :X

Should I try restarting my router?

Quick question... what modem do you have? The one I have from BellSouth/AT&T also acts as a router. I had to set it as an ethernet bridge in order to actually forward the ports on my Linksys.

Didn't want ot make the post too big.

Here is a quote from a guy in the thread

"The speedstream Must be in bridge mode and then port forward the Belkin."

huh?

Yes, your modem also acts as a router. Access it through its IP (should be 192.168.1.1), give it your user name and password (by default the user name is blank and the password is "admin", but it may be your internet sign in for your ISP). there will be a radio button somewhere on the page to set it to bridged mode. Click it and save. You will need to release and renew your computers IP through ipconfig, and then you should be able to forward your ports.

From another forum:
My in-laws have ATT DSL in San Francisco, which gave them a Siemens SpeedStream 4100. I was then attempting to attach a D-Link 624.

It's certainly different that setting up with a cable modem.

The DSL required a User Name and Password (initially living in the 4100). This has to be entered into the router (initially http : // 192.168.0.1).

The 4100 was also 192.168.0.1. Bad.

So:
1) Put 4100 into bridge mode (if you do a hardware reset later you'll have to reenter the User Name and Password, when connected directly w/o the intervening router).

2) DLink->Home->WAN
a) Set to PPPoE for the ISP connection
b) Enter the User Name and Password for the DSL

3) DLink->Home->LAN
Select a different IP Address from the 4100. I entered:
a) IP Address 192.168.1.1
b) Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0

ATT was *extremely* annoying. Their customer service wanted $99 to tell me the settings for the modem/router to hook up to their DSL service. This is what I came up with after Googling and some trial and error. I hope it saves someone else some pain and that $99.

but i dont understand, it acts like a router.. but it isn't. It only has one slot..
am I missing something?
Because when I do the 192.168.1.1 it brings me to my netgear router

hmm interesting.. im trying to setup a static ip atm, and then i'll try to login to the router/modem.
does anyone know the default login ip? I found one that was like 10.0.0.1 or something.. but that didnt work

OMG yes i logged onto the stupid router login thingy.. ill follow the guides from ehre on out.

YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY HELPFUL, AND I NOW AWARD YOU WITH 2 INTERNETS!

thanks again guys, couldnt have gotten this far without you. I'll remake a thread if i haven't fixed it.. but i think itll be pretty straightforward here on out..

thanks!

wait, you said you have a 384 kilobit connection. So, 50 kiloBYTES per second is the max download speed. Just like 56k (Dial up) Doesnt download at 56kb/s, but 5kb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom