Using computer as router, kinda? (Internet Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Okay guys, I have successfully established a wireless LAN between my desktop and laptop. I just saw something under my wireless network advanced settings called internet sharing. Where I can have my internet coming in my ethernet port on my laptop and going out my wireless adaptor to my router and to my other wireless LAN computer. Basically using my laptop as a router. How easy is this to do? Has anyone done this? I'd really like some help on this so I can outfox my parents and get internet in my room! :D ;) Any advice, as always, is appreciated. Thanks.

Type ICS and search and find out how u can progress from there. Basically is a easy setup.

Problem, when I try to enable ICS it gives an error message saying that a LAN already has the IP needed for ICS or something like that. Any ideas?

I'm getting the feeling this isn't going to work because I'm using a router to access the internet. From the intructions, it sounds like I need a direct connection from computer to modem to use ICS. Is there a way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom