using 2 wireless routers on a home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Ok Im going to try to explain this the best way I can, I have two wireless router I would like to use, the primary is a trednet tew-652BRP and than the slave is a linksys wrt300n. I want to know how can I configure these two routers to work together without having separate networks. And I can have both routers broad casting the wireless at the same time correct?

Unless you can de-activate the Internet Gateway (or WAN) port on one of those routers (normally they will not allow to do this) then you are not going to be able to have 2 routers on the same network. If you are trying to boost your single, then I suggest upgrading to Wireless N or looking at purchasing a wireless access point.

actually I think I got it to work what I did was take the primary router plug a ethernet from a lan port into the first lan port on the linksys (sec router) disabled automatic IP address to stop a conflict, and than gave routers different SSID names on different channels, and now my signal is good all over the house, and no matter what router I connect to I have internet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom