Uses of Crossover cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Hey guys, I have a computer that is connecting to a router in my parents room and that is how i get my internet. It's wireless. I also have a PS2 in my room though too and i heard that if i had a crossover cable i could plug one side into the back of my computer in the ethernet port and then the other side into the back of my PS2 and then i would be able to use PS2 online. Can this work or not? What does a crossover cable do? I'd really appreciate it guys if anybody can help me A.S.A.P. thx

It would work if you set up Internet Connection Sharing on the computer.

there is a modem/network that you can buy and plug in the expansion bay at the back of your ps2...you can either connect using the modem (phone line) or lan cable....im not sure about the details (if the cable should be crossover or strait through) but I know it works...)

one thing though...you need to have the router in your room, or at least, the cable to be plugged in your ps2 comming from the router....)

which ps2 do you have??? if im not mistaken, the slim ps2 comes with a built in network card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom