Used Reset Button on Modem, Now No Internet Connection

dwarfdude77

In Runtime
Hi, a few minutes ago i went and pressed the reset button on my modem because I forgot my password to access my modem's hub or whatever you call it, the place where port forwarding happens, if you will xD. (For me it's 192.168.1.254/admin) Now, i needed to port forward some ports, so i figured i'd go ahead and reset the modem so that the passwords would be reset and i'd be able to get in. Well, the password was reset and i got into the "hub" via ethernet cord. I then realized that the internet light on the modem was out, and i began to freak out because it was working before I reset it, please help ASAP my parents will kill me if i don't fix this by morning. My ISP is fairpoint and the modem's brand is "Smart RG: Powered by ClearAccess". PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!

Tried power cycling it (unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in)? Depending on what all got reset when you did that... Usually modems download settings from your ISP automatically over the cable line. If that doesn't work, may have to call the ISP and have them push settings back down manually if it doesn't automatically do it.

Tried power cycling it (unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in)? Depending on what all got reset when you did that... Usually modems download settings from your ISP automatically over the cable line. If that doesn't work, may have to call the ISP and have them push settings back down manually if it doesn't automatically do it.
Yes, that worked, thanks so much :D

Back
Top Bottom