USB to Ethernet on Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
ok so i have had enuf of USB for once and need to go to Enet i have an enet cable for my Ntl Broadband internet ( 1MB ) and when i take the USB Cable out and put the E-Net in its not working do i need to put the Drivers on or something... if you dont get what i mean do tell me

Note: i $uck at Internet n that lol

( if your wondering why i want to do this i will tell you because ENET is faster )

Yes, you SHOULD have the drivers loaded for your ethernet card in your PC (whether it is on the motherboard, or an expansion card, you will still need the drivers.)

Describe the way that the cable is set up to, and what is at the opposite end of the cable... Is it just a broadband modem, or is it a router. Also, do the lights on the ethernet card come on when you plug the cord into the PC, and the opposite end into whatever it is that you're plugging it into? (there should be an amber and a green LED right next to the jack on the back of the PC.)

go into device manager and see if the card is working also try pingig 127.0.0.1 if you do not get a response reinstall the nic drivers if you are able to ping yourself try a different patch cable if you still dont get anything goto run and type cmd then type ipconfig and paste the info so i can see what it says

By 'Broadband', do you mean the Broadband modem that the (telephone or Coax cable) plugs into? There SHOULD be some LED's on the modem... should be a light for LAN (connection between you modem & computer, or modem & router, if you use a router.)... Is this light on?

What about the LED's near the cable jack on the back of the actual PC... are they one when the cable is plugged in? they SHOULD be... if they do not come on, try a different cable.

well when my USB is plugged in all i see is SYNC and RDY are solid green and sometimes when i post messages and that U/S and D/S Flicker my NIC Card i think is an Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC if that helps....

OK, what if you UNPLUG the USB, and use ONLY the ethernet cable?? Do you see the ligts then? They would be on the back of that PCI card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom