Urgent Laptop/Wireless help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooster

Beta member
HI, I have had wireless for probably about a year. I have 1 Pc with a Belkin router. It is the basic Wireless G Router. I have 1 laptop connected to it and my Dad decided that after months of moaning how slow and poor the laptop is bought myself and brother a new one each. The new laptop's have built in wireless and i have been able to connect to my router. However it is now saying 'Limited or no connectivity'. It worked the first time i tried, then i turned the laptop off and it wouldn't work. It say's something about cannot acquire network address? I have a secure enabled network, no the passkey and everything. It connected fine to my neighbours wireless which is unsecure. Any help very much appreciated smile2.gif Thanks.

P.S, Keep as simple as you can please, im not too technical....once again. Thanks a lot.

**Sorry if this is in wrong forum**

Have you made sure that there are available addresses in the DHCP pool (unless it is using the default 255.255.255.0 subnet mask, then you're fine)....

I would suspect a typo in your security key on the laptop if it works on an unsecured network, but not on the secure network... Also make sure you are using the same security standard on the laptop as the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom