Urgent help-being scanned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hello, there please help me with this.

Ok so i dont use any other firewall except windows firewall. I have set it to allow the programs to connect to the internet.
And also a port 58098 which utornt uses.

Today i downloaded the zone alarm firewall and well the first thing it said was.
"Blocked access to computer port 58098 from ip blah bla bla..." like 124 times.

What the **** does that mean???. I uninstalled zone alarm, and started using win firewall again. And i also deleted the port58098 from the exceptions list.

Whats had happened.....could someone please clarify all this.

Oh and zone alarn seriously slowed down the speed of utrrnt.

Are the precautions i took good enough???? deleting port, etc etc????

Please please help......please.....

If you are using XP firewall... run!

ZA is notorious for slowing down everything. It is a very bloated program though some will come here and say ,"But in my experience with ZA is blah, blah, blah..." I used to run several versions of ZA until I got wise.

It sounds like your port was wide open. Who or what was scanning you would take knowledge and time to find out.

I suggest doing the following:

1. If you don't have a router then GO OUT AND GET A ROUTER... NOW!

2. Download and install either Comodo firewall (free) or Sunbelt's latest firewall (both a free version and a $ version). Right now Comodo is considered the best and Sunbelt looks like it has finally resolved the BSOD nightmares it used to cause. Both are 1-2 from the latest Matousec.com leaktest results.

3. Before installing these firewalls you must disable Windows firewall first.

4. Go to Shields Up! and run all the tests.

5. Scan right now with your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.

This is nothing to worry about. Just expected network traffic coming and out.

post a hijackthis log and ill take a look at it

If utornt is using port 58098 is normal that the firewall reports that someone is trying to connect to that port, seeders and peers are trying to seed/download from you. You have to create an exception to allow traffic in that port to utornt work well.

I don't use windows for a while, but according to several torrent foruns, as GoodNews101 said, Comodo firewall is one of the best firewall out there, and if I'm not mistaken it's free ;)

This is nothing to worry about. Just expected network traffic coming and out.

post a hijackthis log and ill take a look at it
(yep i posted one)

But the thing is..., it reported that it was blocking access to port 58098 even "before" i opened utrnt and this was just after i restarted my pc.

Btw i'm using vista home win firewall. Im getting the beta test of comodo. And seriously ZA did suck (hogs too much ram for me.)

so...am i all sweet now...

(yep i posted one)

But the thing is..., it reported that it was blocking access to port 58098 even "before" i opened utrnt and this was just after i restarted my pc.

Btw i'm using vista home win firewall. Im getting the beta test of comodo. And seriously ZA did suck (hogs too much ram for me.)

so...am i all sweet now...

it could of been blocking that port because someone is trying to connect to you that has before, but your program is not open so it's blocks it?

Don't let goodnews scare you w/that ZA is notorious crap. However, he is right about suggesting Comodo.
I'm currently using ZA w/Vista and I don't think comodo is available for vista otherwise I'd be using too.
ZA has never slowed down my system. If it slows yours down, then maybe it's because you have an out of date pc.
Download comodo and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom