Unwanted Access Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Beta member
Hi,

I have noticed today that I keep receiving data even though I am not sending any. It is exactly 50 Bytes of data that I am receiving every second.
When I checked my firewall software ZoneAlarm I saw that it is continuously blocking access attempts to my computer every second.
Whilst checking my log I saw that the access attempts are coming from adsl-68-75-166-13.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net
Every time the source IP 68.75.166.13 is using a different ports starting from about 1000 and once it reaches about 4900 it starts again.
So far I have had 12923 access attempts and counting.

I am not sure what to do.

Any help will be appreciated

Czech

insteresting... what kind of internet service do you have? You may try a software called Net X-ray to analyze the content of the 50-byte-long packet you receive each second.

good idea I am interested in what is being sent to my computer every second. where can I find this Net X-Ray?
So far I have found out that ameritech.net is "SBC Internet Services and Yahoo!®" why would they be so interested in my computer?
This is a link to the IP which is sending the data.
http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=68.75.166.13

Other than that all I know is that its been a day and now I have 21300 blocked access attemts

Thanks for your help

man I have checked that ip address and it doesn't seem to be any junker site and what's important is WHAT it is sending you. To download xray... you might go to google and search for netxray and check if they have a trial version for you.

Hi,

Today i connected to the net, as before i kept getting access attemps. I noticed that this time the source DNS was hidden but is was still the same IP. And then all of a sudden it just stopped. Its been 5 hours and so far not access attemps. I didnt get a chance to get net-x ray cause thats what I wanted to download today. Its been really wierd. And I would have liked to find out more about why I was targeted.

I think that the access attempts were automatic and if they dont get a reponse after a certain number of days it is probably programmed to give up.

Anyway thanks for your involvment Harold III

C ya

This is just a guess, but it sounds like the guy was using a port scanner and just gave up trying to get access to your machine

ekÆsine said:
This is just a guess, but it sounds like the guy was using a port scanner and just gave up trying to get access to your machine

I concur... I'd add another vote for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom