Unstable Linksys Wireless G

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooc

Beta member
First of all, here are my pc specs: 3.20 mHz Pentium 4, 512mb, 80 gig hd, Windows XP Home Edition, and a WMP54G Linksys PCI adapter.

I set up the wireless G PCI adapter perfectly and has worked normally for the past week or so. But now, I get kicked off regularly, and sometimes the Mbps drops to 1.0 when it should be 54.

These are my theories. I'm up stairs, and the source is coming from all the way down stairs. Maybe I'm on the edge, and it's barely catching the connection.

I updated Windows XP less than a week ago with some security updates. Maybe it's some how blocking it from working? This is really pissing me off though, it's disconnected about 3 times while I was writing this.

Edit: Make that 7 times.

I remember something about a windows update that caused problems with the access but I can't remember which one it was, also make sure ya don't have the WLAN program loaded from Linksys, Ya don't need it with XP & it will knock ya offline. Maybe go in and uninstall the updates from that day, Reboot & see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom