Unstable internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Hello,

I have another problem...

I have recently upgraded 2 computers with the same specs. Here they are,
(these are the new hardware I installed into the 2 computers)
=======================
cpu = AMD Athlon 64 3700+
mobo = MSI k8n NEO4 Platinum SLI
Video Card = EVGA 7800 GTX

and 1 to 2 gigs of RAM
=======================

I installed all of the drivers needed for the new componets but ever since I have upgraded, the internet for the the two computers have been unstable. Its near impossible to download anything through the internet browsers (like Internet Explorer & Firefox). However sometimes when I log into the battlefield 2 game online it works somewhat but with random disconnects which make it impossible to play comfortably. I can sometimes browse web pages fast but often its very slow (either though Im on a fast connection). And often it doesn't even load a web page.

Im hooked up to cable internet which is connected to a router and the router splits bandwidth off to my brothers and my computer through ethernet cable. I tried re installing mobo drivers and played around in the bios but still , the internet is unstable. Both computers are having this unstable internet problem. We do have another computer that is on a wireless connection and everything works good on it. So this must mean that there is a problem with the new hardware installed on the 2 computers.

Any ideas on fixing this? I tried all I could think of.

Am I the only one seeing a link in these forums between computer problems and BF2?? Or complete coincidence?

well it may be ur isp of ur router. try another computer in there with and without the router. refresh everything and see what happens.

CJJohnson said:
Am I the only one seeing a link in these forums between computer problems and BF2?? Or complete coincidence?

uhh..no?

it's just that everyone here plays BF2 except us :(

I uninstalled BF2 (just incase that may have been causing problems) and I tested a direct connection with just my modem to my pc. Everything worked fine there. It is most likely a router problem, I sent a e mail off to dlink (my router brand) on the issue.

I don't think it's your hardware, I have seen these issue alot relating to connection problem even on the fastest gaming machine and on the well build one. I am assuming you have alot of spyware hogging your connection speed. I can't say its a network issue since we would all need to physically examine it.

And another thing, you can ask your ISP what the heck thier doing. Since its possible they made be at fault too.

Also, how many time is your cable wire split? More than 3 to 4 will result in signal reduction. It depends since cable is share among your neighborhood and at high peak hour your cable signal will degrade.

I got a belkin router $60 with a $30 instant rebate and a $30 mail in rebate. I havn't had one problem with it for the year I've had it.
I thought just the opposite was going to happen since the damn thing was free. My cable connection was like that and comcast came back out and saw that they hooked up the wrong coax to the modem. They had dropped a new coax that was meant for the broadband, but switched it with the tv's coax. Worked perfect after they hooked up the right coax.

Law said:

Also, how many time is your cable wire split? More than 3 to 4 will result in signal reduction..

Im not sure what you mean by cable wire split.

Also I did scans for spyware on my computer and the other one and they are both clean. Also remember that this unstability is happening to two comps that are wired to the router. One other computer I have that is wireless is receiving signal from the same router is working fine either though the 2 computers wired are getting problems.

Also my router is not a netgear, its D link.

Thanks for the feedback

EDIT: Also I tried a direct connection from the modem to the 2 computers that had unstable connection and it worked good. But when they are hooked up to the router their connection becomes unstable again. I tried changing firmware versions on my router and none of those fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom