Unique question....

coolbrze

In Runtime
Not sure where to post so if it needs moving to the correct forum, please move it...

So we have the Nest home security cameras for security but also to monitor when our kids get home. Somehow one of them figured out that they can create an account on our router Verizon FIOS (Actiontec M1424WR Rev. 1) and turn off the wireless internet for a few minutes so they can come home, then turn it back on so we the cameras turn off. My question is, how can I delete their network on our router & set it so they can't make another network & do this again? Thanks!

Last edited:
You'll have to log into the router and change the administrators account password.
And then discipline the kid :tongue:

Hopefully it wasn't reset by the kid. If you just had the generic password on there (if they have generic/unset passwords), it could probably have been looked up on the internet. Good luck!

Hopefully it wasn't reset by the kid. If you just had the generic password on there (if they have generic/unset passwords), it could probably have been looked up on the internet. Good luck!

Even if it was reset by the kid, you can factory reset the router since he has physical access to it.

I don't see how changing the administrators password will do anything as I don't think she has it. Matter of fact I don't think I have it either. So how do I factory reset the router? Will need directions as I'm not good w/ computers :) Thanks! Will I be able to delete the other network she made & set it so that no more networks are able to be made on our router?

I don't see how changing the administrators password will do anything as I don't think she has it. Matter of fact I don't think I have it either. So how do I factory reset the router? Will need directions as I'm not good w/ computers :) Thanks! Will I be able to delete the other network she made & set it so that no more networks are able to be made on our router?

Sounds like its default then like Carnage pointed out.

Look on back of hardware and you should see login details. login and change them

You don't "think" she has it - but that's the only way to create a secondary network on the router; by logging in as the administrator and modifying settings.

OK I'm in, called Verizon & they got me in... Now that I've changed my router username & password does that deter anyone from setting up a new network on our router? Even if they have the Wifi password?

Next question... how do I find & delete the network(s) she created on our router?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom